It is known already that only shopping brings convenience. It saves time and more importantly, is cost-effective. Not to mention that you can buy anything you want without feeling rushed or pressured. You can choose anything you want to purchase with your own precautions. Online shopping is convenient thanks to the technology that keeps advancing day by day. Everything you need is in your hand. You can just browse online and choose products then finish the payment. The products you ordered will be delivered to the designated address.
Online shopping is also great for gift giving. Remember that online shopping sets no boundaries. You can buy a product from international seller and the they will be delivered to your home safely. Shipping and payment for international orders is efficient now. Shopping online also allows you to have more opportunities to get the best deals. Online shopping is a great for those who have hectic days since it can be done through few clicks from your phone in just a few minutes.
However, online shopping has also various issues that can put your safety in jeopardy. Online shopping means the transaction from ordering to the payment is done online. It means you are more exposed to cyber crimes. Sharing your credit card information for example, can lead to cyber crimes that can cost you a lot. Therefore, make sure to know how to safely shop online.
Here are several tips you can follow:
- Trusted online stores at http://188.8.131.52 or seller use website to display their products along with the descriptions. However, not all of them are trusted. It is easy to make fake e-commerce website and target buyers as victims to steal information from credit card. Therefore, it is highly advised to be more careful in choosing e-commerce site. Choose only encrypted websites to make sure it is safe to make online transaction. Also, it is highly suggested to use only trusted WiFi network during online shopping. To know the indicator of safe e-commerce site, you can see the symbol of padlock at the URL bar. It indicates that your personal information is being transferred safely.
- Know when the information being asked by the seller has become too detailed or personal. Online shopping is pretty simple that it doesn’t require too personal information to complete the transaction. Therefore, if the seller too personal information details such as your social insurance numbers then you must be alert. There is high possibility of the e-commerce platform to be a scam.
- Pay attention on the web page you visit. Make sure that you see the ‘s’ which indicates that the page is secured. It is important to know if the page is secured especially because you are going to make transaction where personal information of your credit card will be transferred. Look for the web page. If the URL is https then it is safe. Also, remember the padlock symbol on the URL tab. It is also strongly suggested to use unique password anytime you visit different e-commerce site. Therefore, it minimizes the risk of your personal information data to get stolen anytime you login.
- Before making any purchase, make sure you read the policies and details of the e-commerce platform you are visiting. Make sure that the seller is reputable and trusted. It is safer to shop from trusted e-commerce platforms that already has good reputation for online shopping. Make sure that you choose an e-commerce that gives transparent information about the policies and your rights as customers. This way, you can make sure that you shop from trusted seller.
- It is recommended to install an ad-blocker on your device because there some pop-up ads are not trusted. There is high possibility for them to be phishing scams. Many scammers online use pop-up adds to lure in online shoppers. If there are still pop-up adds come up every once in a while, do not click them. Ignore them and continue your shopping.
- Do not get easily swayed by dream deals. It is easy to find many dream deals when it comes to online shopping. Many brands try their best to attract customers as many as they can. However, there are also deals that indicate frauds or scams. Raise the red flag when you find items tagged in very much lower prices than other platforms. You have to recheck about the e-commerce’s authenticity and legitimacy. Low prices are the best and mos effective ways to lure in victims of online scams. If it is too good to be true, there is high chance of it being a scam.
Make sure to keep tabs on your credit card statements to ensure that there is no hidden charged tacked on. If there is problem regarding to your online shopping experience, call the customer service line of the e-commerce site.